How to make Strawberry Crumb Bars? Easy and delicious homemade dessert recipe, just perfect for energy breakfast or snack. Bursting with fresh and juice strawberries, buttery crust and crunchy crumb topping..
Love Strawberries? Love the smell of spring? These Strawberry Crumb Bars are a delicious way to welcome Sunny Spring. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a well-known immunity booster, as well as a powerful antioxidant.
These bars will keep you coming back for just one more taste, for sure.. Strawberry Shortcake came to third your favorite recipes place on our blog very quickly, after just three weeks, therefore strawberry with anything is always a big HIT! It seems that strawberry season lasts forever.. Very strawberry
Feel happy with a fresh and juicy strawberries in your mouth? Now even better.. With buttery crust and crumb topping, this bars taste like heaven. Instead of strawberries you can use fresh blueberries. However, with lots of flavor.. taste is amazing.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) butter (1 stick butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Either grease with butter and flour, or spray with baking spray, an 8x8 inch pan, or place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch. Stir in the strawberries. Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry filling layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
Cool completely before cutting into squares. I recommend refrigerating until ready to serve.
Adapted from www.flavormosaic.com/