Birthday Chocolate Mousse Cake is one of the most decadent chocolate cakes ever
This is the cake that conjures up childhood memories every time I make it, because my Mom made this cake on almost every special occasion including my birthday for nearly all of my childhood. Nowadays, perfect cake for husband’s birthday
Chocolate Mousse Cake is currently your first favorite recipe on our weblog, just in front of Easter Carrot Cake and Mint Oreo Cheesecake. I love cakes with chocolate cocoa cream, and one of the dearest to me is this chocolate mousse cake with Greek yogurt, rich with instant coffee and cocoa. So here’s a recipe for all those who like chocolate. Enjoy!
Calling all chocoholics! Try these sweet, yummy, and OMG Chocolate Mousse Cake by Cooking with LOL, you definitely won’t be disappointed. How chocolaty, it looks so indulgent and yummy. You will certainly enjoy the seductive combination of coffee, Greek yogurt and cocoa-chocolate cream, which no matter what is awesome.
Do you see a colors of the rainbow? Sometimes when the sun is shining and it is rainy somewhere at the same time, you can see a rainbow. It’s a huge arch of colors in the sky. The sun’s light is “white”, but the water droplets break it up into seven different colors, always in this order: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet..
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs or 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate curls
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Butter three round 8 inch cake pan with removable bases and line the bases with buttered baking paper.
- Cream the butter, eggs and sugar in a stand mixer until well combined. Add and mix Greek Yogurt, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour in the flour and then the cocoa powder, instant coffee and salt, with the stand mixer on low. Combine the white wine vinegar and baking soda in a bowl, then stir into the mixture until well combined.
- Distribute the mixture between the three containers, smooth out the top and then bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the container for 10 minutes, then remove from the container (removing the parchment) and set a side to cool.
- Mousse make – In medium bowl mix vanilla, sugar and 2 tbsp of whipping cream and combine with melted chocolate, over a pan of almost boiling water. Mix until smooth and set aside bowl to cool for 20 minutes. Whip the cream and then pour in the chocolate mixture until well incorporated
- Assemble cake: Put parchment paper on a plate. Place one cake and spread with 1/3 of the mousse. Repeat this process once. At the end, top with the third cake and spread the remaining mousse on top and round the sides of the cake..
- Decorate with chocolate curls around the cake.
Refrigerate for two hours, before serving