Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is perfect homemade dessert. This old fashioned Sweet Cake is fluffy, moist and very strawberry. C’mon can someone resist?
There’s “that” moment of silence where you put spoon in your mouth and the world just stops. A real winner. Well, this strawberry shortcake recipe is what it is all about to someone who loves strawberries. Enjoy!
Strawberry Shortcake came to third favorite recipes place on our blog very quickly, after just three weeks, right after Easter Carrot Cake and Chocolate Mousse Cake. Make your lovely weekend sweet, but not too sweet I was really happy with how this turned out. It tasted like pure heaven, light and fresh. Yummy, it taste so good, you gonna have to try this delicious creamy strawberries. My son told me briefly “Mom, can we skip the dinner tonight?”
This sweet cake with similar form to one of our favorite recipes Red Velvet Oreo Brownies has typically shortened dough. The cake is like a sweet biscuit, but that’s how old fashioned is. It’s got such a “soft” taste.
Adorable and unique way to serve fresh and juicy and healthy strawberries. Feel happy with a fresh and juicy strawberries in your mouth? Now even better.. With whipping cream, this shortcake taste like heaven. A picture is worth a thousand words. Right?
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, tops removed, halved
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a standard - sized (9x13) rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add large eggs and beat on high until eggs are thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium.. add sugar, water and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until batter is smooth and all flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour into baking pan, ensuring batter is spread evenly throughout the pan. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cake from pan and turn onto a work space. Peel away baking paper and trim stiff edges of the cake. Allow to cool for an hour. Slice cake evenly horizontally into three layers. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling by adding whipping cream to mixing bowl and whipping for 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Reduce speed and slowly add powdered sugar. Increase speed and beat until cream forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
- To assemble, put the sponge on the baking paper. Spread it with a layer of whipped cream and put sliced or chopped strawberries on the top of it. Then another layer of whipped cream. Repeat the process with the second sponge. And the last layer - put the sponge, then cover the entire cake with remaining whipped cream and decorate as you wish with strawberries.
Cover and store in fridge at least one hour until ready to serve.