Cheesecake Oreo? Good. Cookie Dough? Better. Cookie Dough Cheesecake Oreo Bars? The Best! A ultimate dessert recipe with perfect amount of sweetness!
Happy April Fools’ Day but believe me it’s not a joke.. these creamy cheesecake topped with chocolate chip cookie dough creates an amazingly delicious bar dessert.
Get baking and grab a glass of milk. I love to incorporate oreo’s in cheesecake with the cookie dough topping.. mmm great combo.. look so rich and indulgent. A 3 layer bars is always a good one. Texture looks really juicy, yet they taste amazing and yummy. My son and husband go nuts for them!
I tell ya, I was a little disappointed that the cheesecake layer wasn’t cleaner, but after tasting, I think the bars are great. These cookie dough cheesecake bars also stands good with graham cracker layer instead of oreo crust.. If you don’t want your cookie dough falling apart, you can put one more tbsp of unsalted butter.
- OREO CRUST:
- 1 2/3 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- OREO CHEESECAKE:
- 1/8 cup crushed Oreos
- 11 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8-inch square pan with baking paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together until well incorporated. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes. Remove pan.
- Cookie dough: Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla with mixer until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Slowly mix in the flour and chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Combine with mixer the cream cheese and sugar together, until smooth. Mix in the egg, crushed oreos and vanilla. Pour the Oreo cheesecake batter into the crust.
- Form clumps of cookie dough. Flatten the clumps of dough. Distribute the cookie dough evenly on top of the cheesecake batter. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the cookie dough top feels dry. Put bars to a side to cool.
Cut into squares and store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Adapted from http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/