Well, today we get something golden and different, Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Apples. This is my new favorite thing and it’s on the blog menu today.
The desire for baked apples reminded me of the time of childhood when we baked apples often have in repertory in chilly fall season. My mom was always baked whole with the skin. I remember the kitchen slowly smell of baked apples and how we are all a little checking peering into the oven that you are ready.
You can easily change the stuffing for the apples – chopped dried apricots work well and flaked almonds or chopped hazelnuts.. We went apple “picking” on Sunday and now I’m on a quest to incorporate some dessert into our menu. The only thing better than a juicy harvest apple is a baked apple filled with rich cheesecake! Top it off with caramel sauce, cracker crumbs, and walnuts for the ultimate Fall dessert!
Generously packed with a creamy, decadent cheesecake filling. Apple has proven healthy foods so you eat only one or two apples a day, we have done much to preserve our health. Lets jump in these yummy apples stuffed with cheese cream and topped of with caramel sauce.
- 6 apples (type and amount of arbitrary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar ordinary
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces cheese cream
- Caramel sauce or Honey
- Walnuts or Hazelnuts
- 2-3 crumbly crackers
- Chop the tops of the apples off (4/5) and scoop out the insides to the maximum. Discard the core and seeds.
- In a medium bowl cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla, egg and cinnamon until smooth. Fill each of the apples 2/3 full with the cheesecake mixture
- Place filled apples on a baking sheet and bake at 360 F for 20 minutes until cheesecake filling is set.
- Decorate them with walnuts and cracker crumbs. Top with caramel sauce.
Serve apples little chilled. Enjoy!
Adapted from Creme de la Crumb